“Moving Forward with James…” A young man with a vision for the future and commitment to the community, Carlos James grew up in the village of Troumaca - his family tree is well connected with relatives in Fitz Hughes, Chateaubelair, Petit Bordel, Rose Bank, Troumaca, Rose Hall, Coull’s Hill and Spring Village. He is from the bowels of the constituency having spent his childhood in Troumaca where he attained his early education.He is a trained journalist and graduate of the University of West Indies, Mona Campus, Jamaica with specialisation in Media and Communications. His contribution to the media is widely recognised. In 2004 he was awarded the Pan American Health Organisation (PAHO) Media Award for Excellence in Health Journalism.James is currently a practising Barrister-at-Law and Solicitor. He read for a Bachelor of Laws with honours (LL.B Hons) through Holborn College in the United Kingdom and a Master of Laws (LL.M) from the CITY Law School formerly the Inns of Court School of Law in the United Kingdom. He is also a member of the Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn and a former editor of the Inn’s AGIS Griffin Magazine. He was called to the local Bar (St. Vincent and the Grenadines) and the Bar of England and Wales.James had several working stints at the Commonwealth Secretariat headquarters in London. While at the Commonwealth, James worked in the Communications and Public Affairs Division which falls under the Office of the Secretary-General.A man of the community, he is a founding member and director of Generation Next, a non-profit organisation responsible for youth training and environmental programmes in North Leeward. He is also a sponsor of several sporting teams and organisations in the constituency.James demonstrates a wide understanding of international issues, particularly relating to developments in the world economy, politics and law.He brings a strong track record and a wealth of experience to the political arena and will no doubt make a valuable contribution as the next parliamentary representative for the constituency of North Leeward. By far he is one of the leaders to take St. Vincent and the Grenadines FORWARD. North Leeward is proud to call him one of their own a true son of the Caribbean civilization and a product of North Leeward.Favourite Book“Long Walk to Freedom” by Nelson MandelaContact CarlosConstituency Office: ChateaubelairPhone: 458-7100Constituency.email@example.comDELIVERING FOR NORTH LEEWARD
- The Housing Programme
- Improved major eco-tourism sites
- Land Distribution Programme allowing greater opportunities for land ownership
- Lives to live programme – providing comfort to our seniors
- The Education Revolution and Access to College Education Programme (ACEP) - providing opportunities for advancement for youth.
- Rehabilitation of all feeder roads for farmers at a cost of half a million.
- Greater support for farmers under the FSC programme
- Over 12, 000 banana plants distributed to farmers
- The completed Cumberland Playing Field
A VISION FOR NORTH LEEWARD
- Jobs....jobs.....providing meaningful training & employment/ entrepreneurship opportunities for all, including the youth.
- Promote a greater focus on the health, well-being and prosperity of our elderly and differently-abled.
- Expanding the Access to College Education Programme to provide greater opportunities for more students to attend post-secondary institutions .
- Revolutionise healthcare service in north leeward by transforming the Chateaubelair hospital into a modern ('smart') healthcare facility.
- Immediately implement an agricultural development plan to address the challenges and provide greater support to local farmers with primary focus on the re-establishment of the farmers’ depots and the north leeward farmers’ co-operative.
- Greater access to financial resources by strengthening our rural development programmes including establishing banking services and other financial facilities in North Leeward.
- Focus on the Chateaubelair Town Rehabilitation project including improvements to its port of entry (Chateaubelair jetty) while creating the environment for small businesses to flourish.
- To further expand the constituency's housing programme and land distribution, allowing more people to achieve their dreams of home and land ownership.
- Further development of our sporting facilities including Cumberland playing field and other sporting facilities in Golden Grove, Rose Hall, Troumaca and Rose Bank .