Sir Louis “The Terminator” Straker is one of the most intelligent, charismatic and capable leaders in the history of St. Vincent & the Grenadines. A man of humble origins, Sir Louis was born in the village of Layou to Bertram Augustus Straker and Pearlina Lockhart. He attended the Layou Government School and Emmanuel High School. He went on to receive higher education at Hunger College, City University of New York where he received a B.A. in political science and he received a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Long Island University.
A man of great distinction and service, he devoted himself to his community by teaching at the Layou Government School. Then, he went abroad to advance his skills in economic development and job creation rising to the title of Vice President at Chemical Bank in New York. He then returned to St. Vincent and the Grenadines where he served as a Minister of Government and as Deputy Prime Minister.
Sir Louis is married to Lynda Violet Straker and has four adult children.
“Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.” – Matthew 6:33
Connect with Sir Louis
Constituency Office: Middle Street, Barrouallie
DELIVERING FOR CENTRAL LEEWARD
- Developed the Layou Waterfront
- Built New Secondary Schools at Peter’s Hope and at Buccament Bay
- Built Learning Resource Centers at Layou and at Barrouallie
- Fixed the Layou Playing Field and Rehabilitated the Hard Court at Keartons
- Developed the Largest Low Income Housing Project in St. Vincent & the Grenadines
LABOUR’S VISION FOR CENTRAL LEEWARD
- Complete the Mt. Wynne / Peters Hope Resort
- Create a Bathroom & Pavilion at the Buccament Playing Field
- Complete the Polyclinic at Buccament Bay
- Install a Bailey Bridge for Pedestrians at Layou