Born in Mesopotamia, St. Clair “Jimmy” Prince has a long history of community involvement. He served the community in dozens of capacities. He co-founded or founded several organizations in the constituency including the Marriaqua Sports Association, Marriaqua Development Committee, Marriaqua Educational and Cultural Association and the National Association of Persons with Disabilities.
Born and raised in Mesopotamia, he was educated at the Marriaqua Government, Cane End Government and St. Vincent Boys Grammar School. He received his tertiary education at the Caribbean Institute for Mass Communication. He is the author of two books of poetry, I'll Have An Island (with G. Codougan) and In My Neighbours Garden.
Jimmy is married to Naomi Prince and has two grown children.
“Hard work brings success.”
Constituency Office: Mesopotamia
DELIVERING FOR MARRIAQUA
- Completing the River Defense Project
- Completing the Clinic at Evesham
- Completing the Polyclinic at Mesopotamia
- Completing the Learning Resource Center in Evasham
- Refurbishing several schools
- Bridges at the Farm
LABOUR’S VISION FOR MARRIAQUA
- Rehabilitation of Montreal/Mcmillan Road
- Surfacing of Roads at Gurley Hill & Cotton Ground (Richland Park)
- Construction of a Civic Center at Richland Park
- Construction of a hard court at Glenside & rehabilitation of the playing fields
- Housing project for Marriaqua